Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering
Call for Applications for the 2008/2009 Academic Year
The project offers international students the possibility to receive a scholarship and other benefits to graduate from the Politecnico di Torino attending a Bachelor of Science (BS) course in Textile Engineering at the Biella campus.
The initiative is promoted by the Politecnico di Torino and is supported by Unione Industriale Biellese, which coordinates the scholarships sponsored by Italian textile companies and associations.
General information on the Bachelor of Science in Textile Engineering course
Location: Biella (CittÃ Studi university campus)
Language in which the courses are held: English
Length: 3 years
The activities will begin in September 2008.
For more information on the Biella university campus, please visit the CittÃ Studi website.
- Having not Italian citizenship or being an Italian citizen who has obtained a secondary school diploma abroad
- Being at least 18 years old (by 31/12/2008)
- Meeting the minimum requirements for the admission to Italian university. For further information, please visit the Entry requirements page.
- In the countries where it is required, having successfully passed the state-level university admission exam (e.g. Gao Kao in China)
- Knowledge of the English language, preferably demonstrated by an international certification (students who do not provide such certification may be asked to conduct a telephone interview to test their knowledge of English)
- Not having enrolled in a Bachelor of Science course of the Politecnico di Torino before the 2008/2009 academic year
- Not being the recipient of other scholarships, Italian or foreign.
Obtaining a degree at the Politecnico di Torino
To graduate at the Politecnico di Torino, students must attain a total of 180 credits, including exams and the final dissertation. The time required to graduate is approximately 6 semesters. However, the effective duration is also dependent upon each studentâ€™s capacity. Note also that the time required for the compulsory Italian course, which will begin in early September, before classes start, is not considered in the estimated duration of the program.
Please note that scholarship recipients must attend their course for its entire length (3 years â€“ 180 credits). Students who have already attended other university courses can ask for a credit transfer up to a maximum of 10 credits per year (30 credits in total). Please note that credits achieved in preparatory courses or in the first year/second year in systems where preuniversity education lasts 10/11 years can not be taken into account.
Applicants will be selected based on their previous academic career and on their Curriculum Vitae.
Amount of the scholarship
- The gross amount of the Biella Campus scholarship is 10.000 Euro per year (30.000 Euro for the complete period). The exact net sum is dependent upon the individual tax conditions of each student, which can be verified only upon the arrival of the student.
- The amount of the scholarship will not be increased in case the student will need more time to graduate than indicated.
- The allocation of the scholarship is dependent upon the submission, within 10 days from the arrival in Italy of the student, of the original documentation, which must correspond with the documentation attached to the online form (see the â€œSelection outcomesâ€ section below).
- Payment of the scholarship occurs periodically. The first instalment is dependent upon the possession of the relevant documentation (residence permit, Italian fiscal code, and bank account in the name of the scholarship recipient), all obtainable upon arrival in Italy; for this reason, the first instalment is not paid at the moment of arrival at the Politecnico di Torino, but in the course of the following month.
Requirements to maintain the scholarship
- Given that it is not possible to combine the benefits received from more than one scholarship, students who are assigned another study grant while receiving the Biella Campus scholarship must promptly notify the Politecnico di Torino.
- Payment of the scholarship will be suspended if the academic performance of the recipient does not meet a satisfactory level.
How to apply
To apply, students must, under the penalty of being excluded from the selection process:
1st application period: 8 p.m. (Italian time) on February 10th, 2008.
2nd application period: 8 p.m. (Italian time) on May 10th, 2008.
Specific contacts for Bachelor of Science
International Relations Office: international.relations[ at ]polito.it
Incoming Students Office: international.admission[ at ]polito.it
For more information on how to apply this scholarship, please visit the official announcement.