University of Leicester Open Scholarships for International Students
- Name of scholarship: Open PhD Scholarship
- Eligibility: New PhD students starting in September / October 2006
- Maximum Number: 5
- Value: Up to Ã‚Â£5,000
- Tenure: Three years of full-time study
- Application deadline: 30 June 2006 (see note 6)
- Award criteria: Academic merit
- Candidates for Open Scholarships must be classified by the University as international students for fees purposes.
- Except in the case of Open PhD Scholarships, all Open Scholarships are awarded only in the form of a reduction in tuition fees payable.
- For Open PhD Scholarships, candidates must not be in receipt of a full scholarship (tuition fees and living costs) from any other sources. Students with partial scholarships from other sources will be considered.
- For Open Master’s and Undergraduate Scholarships, students must be self-funded.
- Where an Open Scholarship is awarded to a candidate who is also eligible for a fee discount, the discount will be calculated after the Scholarship reduction to the tuition fees payable has been made.
- Some scholarship funding may also be available to outstanding PhD students who begin their studies at other points in the academic year.