Postgraduate One-Year Mastership Scholarships
SHELL CENTENARY SCHOLARSHIPS & SHELL CENTENARY CHEVENING SCHOLARSHIPS
Two Shell Centenary Scholarships and four Shell Chevening Scholarships are available for students undertaking a one year master's course (see below). Each Scholarship will cover tuition, accommodation, maintenance costs and a return airfare for the scholarship holder.
Am I eligible to apply for a Shell Scholarship?
Candidates for these Scholarships should normally be:
- aged 35 or under
- be nationals of and resident in any country exceptAustralia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, The Netherlands,New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UnitedKingdom and United States;
- intending to return home after completion of the proposed programme of study;
- intending to study a subject that will be of significant value in aiding the sustainable development of their home country;
- of outstanding academic ability e.g. have obtained a degree equivalent to a first class honours degree at a British University;
- fluent in spoken and written English and must be able to meet the English Language requirements of the University;
- neither a current nor former employee of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies.
Preferencewill be given to those candidates who have not yet had an opportunityto study in the UK and those who have had some relevant and significantpost-graduate work experience.
List of Eligible Courses at Leeds
There are 22 eligible courses at Leeds in nine Schools and Centres. Details of the courses is available at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/rds/schol/shell-courses.htm
How to Apply
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1 March 2005. All applicants must complete an application form.
Shell Application Form (word document) – [CLICK HERE]
Shell Information Sheet (pdf format) – [CLICK HERE]
Please return completed forms to:
The Scholarships Office, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT
How to apply for a place of study at Leeds
Youmust also have applied to the University for a place on the programmethat you wish to study before applying to the competition. Informationon the Schools and Departments at the University of Leeds is accessiblefrom the following web page: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/students/postgraduates.htm- To see the list of Schools click the COURSEFINDER link and then clickSUBJECT GUIDE to access the list of subjects covered by the Schools atthe University. Then click for further information on each School. Theapplication form to study for a taught postgraduate study is alsoaccessible from this web page.