The Institute for Heat and Fuel Technology at Technical University Braunschweig seeks a
Research Assistant/Ph.D. student (E13 TV-L, formerly BAT IIa).
The position is vacant in the Integrated Systems group (M. MÃ¶nnigmann). Our research focuses on the development and application of numerical methods for the modeling, simulation, and optimization of nonlinear dynamical systems in the area of process, chemical and energy systems engineering. The candidate is expected to conduct research on methods for the robust optimization of fuel cells and miniaturized heat exchangers.
Ideal candidates have
- a very good academic record,
- completed a masters or equivalent degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, electrical engineering, scientific computing, applied math, or physics,
- experience in numerical methods and programming
- interest in conducting Ph.D. research in an interdisciplinary area at the interface of engineering and scientific computing,
- interest in teaching and advising (for example, by advising masters students projects),
- interest in cooperation with industrial partners,
- very good proficiency in English.
Knowledge of German is very welcome. The salary follows the German law for public institutions and is according to the standard rate TV-L E 13.
The TU Braunschweig particularly welcomes applications of women and persons with disabilities.
Applications should comprise a letter of motivation, a CV, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and any other information that prove a high academic aptitude. If available please include contact information of references and test scores (such as GRE, TOEFL).
Please send your application to the following address. Electronic applications are encouraged explicitly.
Institut for Heat and Fuel Technology
Prof. Dr.-Ing. M. MÃ¶nnigmann