The Melbourne Australia International Scholarships were introduced by the Victorian Minister for Education and Training, Lynne Kosky MP, in August 2005. In 2006 and 2007 the Victorian Government will provide 30 scholarships per annum for international students studying at one of nine participating Victorian universities, Australian Catholic University, Deakin University, La Trobe University, Monash University, RMIT University, Swinburne University, The University of Melbourne, University of Ballarat and Victoria University.
Tuition fees paid for one semester of study, up to the value of $14,000. Tuition fees are paid in the second semester of study, subject to satisfactory academic performance in semester one.
Who will be considered?
No separate scholarship application is necessary. All applicants to relevant courses will be assessed based on information already provided in your application.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand ;
- Have been accepted to study at Deakin University
- Be commencing after 1 January 2006
- Be commencing a coursework program, either undergraduate or postgraduate in one of the following areas
- Teacher Education, Secondary Teachers in Mathematics, Manual Arts/Technical Studies, General Science (years 7-10), Physical Education and Languages Other Than English (LOTE), specifically French, Indonesian, Italian and Japanese;
- Medical Studies (occupational therapist, physiotherapist, speech pathologist, podiatrist, radiation therapist, audiologist); and
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Hold a valid student visa for the term of the scholarship
How are recipients selected?
Scholarships will be awarded to the most outstanding candidates according to past academic performance (high school and/tertiary level).
Three available in 2006
Condition of Award
- May be asked to participate in the promotion of Melbourne/Victoria as a study destination for international students. For example:
- i) feature in the Victorian Government Department of Education and Training, print and electronic publications
- ii) involvement in International Education Week activities.
- Holders of the Melbourne Australia International Scholarship are entitled to hold other scholarships.
Payment of Award
Payable to the university in lieu of course fees and is tax exempt.
Enquiries about the Melbourne Australia International Scholarships should be directed to: email@example.com