UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Applications are invited for post-doctoral positions under the University of Malaya Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship Scheme.
The scheme offers researchers opportunities to work and conduct research with leading research groups in the university in the following areas:
a. Advanced Fundamental Research
c. Clinical and Translational Medicine
d. Advanced Material and Technology
e. Advanced Engineering and Manufacturing
a. Development and Societal Changes
b. Strategic and International Relations
c. Humanities and Ethics
d. Sustainability and Environment
e. Any other research fields conducted in the university.
The University of Malaya Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship Sceme (UMPDRFS) is open to all Malaysians and non-Malaysian with the following criteria:
- Has received or is expected to receive (within 4 months of application date) a PhD in the discipline relevant to the research areas applied.
- Has proven research experience as evidenced by their publications.
- Able to work independently.
Starting allowance ranges from MYR 66,000 to MYR 90,000 (MYR3.46 = USD1.00) annually depending on the applicant’s experience and capability. (Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is in the order of MYR 3,500 to MYR5,000 per month.)
Appointment is on a full-time basis. A contract of one year duration will be offered to successful candidates with possibility of futher extension.
Other benefits extend for successful candidates :
a. Medical Benefit – Medical treatment with the university’s panel of doctors and government hospitals or the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) for specialist treatment or hospitalisation.
b. Return APEX/Budget or Special Fare air passage (per appointment) for international candidates only.
c. Annual leave of up to 30 days per calender year.
HOW TO APPLY
Application form may be obtained at www.ippp.um.edu.my.
Completed form must be submitted together with:
- A detailed curriculum vitae listing educational background and experiences.
- List of complete publications (including titles of Master and PhD thesis).
- A brief description of research interest and career goals [not more than two (2) pages].
- Evidence of obtained a PhD or will be obtaining it within next four (4) months.
- Names and contact information of two (2) professional referees.
Documents which are in languages other than English must be translated and certified.
All applications should be send to the address below before 3rd August 2007 :
Institute of Research Management & Consultancy (IRMC)
University of Malaya
C313, IPS Building
50603 Kuala Lumpur
Any other enquiries can be forwarded to kpp_ippp[ at ]um.edu.my or by contacting +603-7967-4643 (tel) or +603-7967-4699 (fax)